The price of car parts are pretty high and prohibitive for the owners, and that’s how aftermarket game has evolved. The automotive suppliers can benefit from elevating demand of the car users and other associated opportunities. Pertaining to the ‘balance of power’ and the ‘bottom line’, the automotive aftermarket companies are thriving due to the growth, depending upon the business models, products and services. If you have ever had your car fixed, then you realize the hefty cost of the auto-spare parts of OEM, that stands for an original equipment manufacturer. In comparison to the OEM, the aftermarket parts are cheap but sometimes a poorer version that may cause trouble. Hence, know the pros and cons of the automotive aftermarket companies.
What are the Automotive Aftermarket Parts?
The aftermarket spare parts are developed by a manufacturer other than the original company of the vehicle. They are the completely new equipment made by other company but very different than the OEM. It is a conventional thought among the car users that automotive aftermarket products are not up to the mark and are of lesser quality. There is no doubt that the quality, standard and grade of automotive aftermarket parts have improved over the years, and are equally contributing to managing a safe and smooth ride.
Pros of Aftermarket Parts
- Price: the price of auto-spare parts from aftermarket manufacturers are comparatively lesser than OEM. The aftermarket parts are generally less expensive and probably the only reason for the buyer to avail them. However, check the parts and consult with an expert if the price is too good to be true. Moreover, make the selection of the product based on the part specification as a convenience and lesser price can lead to disaster.
- Promised to function better than OEM: Of course, there is auto-spare parts manufacturer who is renowned for their quality product. For example, the brake pads must be designed to strike a fine balance between durability, cost, performance and noise levels. If you really want better performance at the best price, an aftermarket pad is your suitable buy.
- More variety: Presently, there are multiple companies across the world who are developing aftermarket parts. Even, there are some manufacturers, who are specialized in developing specific auto-parts with a wider range of prices and greater selection availability.
- Easy availability: If there is an emergency, you can avail the necessary product from any local mechanics, gas station or any auto-spare parts store. This provides you with ample choice to discuss the merits and demerits of the equipment and get to select from an array of options.
Cons of the Aftermarket products
- Warranty: Practically, there are no such words come with aftermarket parts as the level of warranty is promised by the OEM.
- Quality: It is trickier to estimate the quality standard of the aftermarket parts. There are always two-sides, as the quality consistency varies with the manufactures. Hence, there are aftermarket-parts that are not good to fit for a specific vehicle’s requirement. Certainly, there are lower-quality items that should be prohibited as that can cause unnecessary trouble.
Again a bit of a gamble to determine the quality and level of performance of the auto-spare parts by the automotive aftermarket companies. Think about it and consult thoroughly with an expert auto-mechanics whenever you need replacement. Don’t forget to research the aftermarket parts company’s reputation.